Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge
How do I access FoxPro databases from Unix, Linux and Mac OS X?
Our customers are using the Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge (OOB) to access FoxPro from Unix, Linux, and Mac OS X. Programming languages and applications that you can access FoxPro with include Perl, PHP, OpenOffice.org and FileMaker Pro.
Register with us now to download a fully functional free trial version of the Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge.
To access FoxPro databases from Unix, Linux and Mac OS X:
- Install the OOB client on the Unix machine from which you want access to the FoxPro database.
- Install the OOB Server on the Windows machine on which you have an ODBC driver for FoxPro.
- Create a SYSTEM DSN on the Windows machine using the FoxPro setup dialogue in the ODBC Data Source Administrator.
- Create an OOB Client DSN on the Unix machine that points to the OOB Server. The TargetDSN value is the name of the SYSTEM DSN you created in step 3.
See the OOB manual for a full description of this process.
- Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge
Knowledge Base Feedback